We welcome comments, compliments and complaints from the people using our services. We work to high standards and we hope this is reflected in your experience with us.

We take all comments seriously and value them as a way of helping us improve services.

That sounds fine – but what if I have a complaint?

Complaints can be made by any person including, but not limited to:

  • service users
  • victims of crime (or their family)
  • members of the public

To be considered, your complaint has to be about an action or decision, or failure to act or decide, on the part of the employees of HIOW CRC.

We can’t look into something that is already being investigated by the police or subject to a decision of the courts, statutory tribunal, Parole Board, Crown Prosecution Service or the Criminal Cases Review Commission.

Your complaint won’t normally be considered if it is about something that happened more than 12 months ago, or that you could have known about a year ago.

Click here to read the leaflet HIOWComplaintsLeaflet_Aug17

Talking face-to-face or over the telephone with the person involved can often be the solution. If this is difficult, ask to discuss it with a more senior member of staff.

You can make a formal complaint in writing. You should sign it and send it to Kim Thornden-Edwards, chief of Hampshire & Isle of Wight CRC.

Kim Thornden-Edwards
Chief Executive
Hampshire & Isle of Wight Community Rehabilitation Company
3rd Floor
Civic Offices
Civic Way
PO16 7AZ

Someone can make a formal complaint on your behalf, if you give them permission in writing.

Within five working days of receiving your letter the chief will explain how your complaint will be handled. She will give the date when you can expect the outcome.

If your complaint is about an issue involving the chief you should address your letter to:

Ian Mulholland
Director of Justice
Capital Tower
91 Waterloo Road

If you are still unhappy after following the previous steps, the Parliamentary Ombudsman can consider your complaint. A complaint form which gives all the information you would need can be found at www.ombudsman.org.uk or can be requested by calling 0345 015 4033.